*A recent job posting for a fully certified, bilingual teacher:
3rd Grade Interventionist
• Valid Michigan elementary teaching certificate
• Spanish language ability
• Experience working with students with social, emotional, academic, and/or behavioral issues.
• Demonstrated success in promoting positive behavior and academic success in students
• Demonstrated success in the use of assessment data for improving student achievement and behavior
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including teachers, principals, students, and parents
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal relations, a willingness to listen and accept viewpoints of others
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies
• Communicate with parents regularly
• Evaluate students’ growth, prepare records, monitor progress in all areas of students’ school life
• Identify students’ needs and make appropriate referrals
• Develop strategies for education plan for individual students
• Access community resources to benefit individual students
• Reinforce content and behavioral expectations of students’ classroom teacher
• Work closely with the Elementary Dean of Students and Principal
• Attend student support meetings and other relevant committee meetings
This position is for the 2012/2013 school year starting on September 4th, 2012. This position will be for 149 days per year 7:45 – 3:30 each day at $75.00/day. Please note, because the paraprofessional works with students, work days are limited to only those days when students are scheduled in the District (i.e. no paid PD days, record days, holidays, etc).
*According to PayScale.com, the average national pay rate for an assistant manager at McDonalds is roughly the same ($10.82/hour) as an "Interventionist".