Thursday, August 24, 2006

You Say Tomato

Pepina is passive aggressive. She seeks retribution in sweet, yet effective ways. Take tomatoes, for instance. The other day, Bompa and I trapse over to neighbor Jardinero's house for a chat. Seems he's up to his elbows in the vegetable/fruit and asks me if I'd like a bag full. I says no, I have plenty, as I have my own tomato plants in the Suave Half Acre Estate. Thanks just the same. I says maybe my Pops could use a few, as tomatoes have little cholesterol, hydorgenated fats, high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, flavor; those things that are not part of Pops very limited Diet of a Monk (future entry). Pops obliges and takes the bag of plump, juicy, ruby jewels home to put next to other bland foods that contribute to a healthy life. Pepina finds out that I passed on Jardinero's bounty, and I don't hear the end of it. Neither does metropolitan Pepinoville. By the end of the week we have enough tomato donations from the gardens of family and friends that Pops and I had to build more window sills for storage.
Pepina, you made your point.

Perdoname,

Tomate Suave

No comments: