Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mis Zapatos

I like my shoes. I baby them. My two pair of school shoes, one black, the other brown, get a buff and/or shine every week. Even though there is a shoe shine man every 200 meters, I shine ém myself. It is an obsesion of mine.
Thing is, down here my dogs take quite a beating. I walk everywhere. The soles of my black pair had been worn almost right through. Ingrid took them to the shoe repair man across the street from our Oxxo yesterday. He had new soles put on for under ten bucks. I´m walking on sunshine.
That is all the news to report. Slow news day. In fact, besides my shoes, the most exciting thing today was eating lunch. Durango is a very quiet town.
The Pepino tribe is hitting the road tonight. We´ll be in San Miguel de Allende by sun up. Look for an entry or two from the road. Nos vemos.

Ándale,

Pepino Andaliego

No comments: